1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Calendar Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tom W, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Tom W

Tom W Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2014
    Male
    retired
    SW Washington state, USA
    Just got an LG G3 phone & Gpad. Was setting up the calendar for an upcoming vacation trip that includes many multi-day all day stops and discovered that it isn't saving the repeat information properly. When I initially set up one of these I can go to the following days and see the entry. BUT when I exit the app and return later (such as the next day) the following days no longer show the item.

When I return to the entry that is the first of one of these stops I see that the schedule information is fouled up. It keeps the repeating classification but resets the ending date to the day prior to the starting date thus going to one of the following dates doesn't show the stop. This defeats one of the purposes for setting up repeating entries.

In addition, when bringing up an entry for modification it will often default a 30 minute notification. Not only do I not want this notification for these items but it is doing this even tho I have the calendar settings for no default notification.

If this doesn't straighten up I think I may go back to using my IPhone.

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

I use my phones for similar things and dont have these issues. Does it also occur when logged into google calendar on a browser. You could try clearing the cache. for the calendar (when offline) and re syncing. I am moving the thread to the G3 forum where other owners may be able to help.

Roger

3. Tom W

Tom W Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2014
    Male
    retired
    SW Washington state, USA
    It gets more confusing. It appears to be a problem associated with the LG app on the phone and tablet. I checked my Google calender in the Chrome browser and it does show the extended days BUT as individual daily appointments, not as repeating ones like I set them up in the app. Then, when I set up one using Google as a repeating appt it show as such like I expect. Then when I sync my phone it also shows the repeating time frame.

At this point I'm rather stumped as to what I want to do. I want the repeating fact to show which doesn't occur if I set it up in the app but then look at it via browser or sync. I could just set up appts in the browser and then sync the app but that defeats some of the utility of the app.

Besides, these repeating appts span a total of two months: 33 stops in the trip, 11 multi-day repeating ones, plus a bunch of individual on the hour appts at the actual destination/purpose of the trip as well as some at the repeating stops. There is no way I want to scrap all that work and start over so family, friends & associates get the 'proper' view of the trip.

As I implied in my original post, I'm spoiled with a properly working IOS/ Apple calendar app and am getting a bad taste in my mouth regarding this Android/Google calendar app.

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    I've never used the stock calendar, so can't comment on that. But if you haven't already, try clearing the app's cache in the App Manager.

But you might want to try the Google Calendar App. It's always worked fine for me. It will sync with the events on your Google calendar online, so you shouldn't have to reenter anything.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.calendar

5. Gremlin256

Gremlin256 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    Male
    Sacramento, CA
    Honestly I would use the Google app..

6. Tom W

Tom W Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2014
    Male
    retired
    SW Washington state, USA
    Thanks, guys. I downloaded the Google app and used it to remove the unwanted notifications as well as straightened up the other weird things the LG app did.

Haven't checked out how to hide the LG app but I've moved it off to an empty screen until later and put the Google app in it's place.

So far so good with the Google app.

7. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    Male
    Retired Nurse
    Brighton. UK
    Both Google and Sunshine Calenders are working as smooth as silk on my PC, laptop, Tablet and Phone well pleased

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.
Tags: