1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Calendar Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cfountain66, Jul 23, 2010.

1. cfountain66

cfountain66 Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Hi All
    First I would like to thank all of you for the awesome information you provide on this forum. I learned a ton about my Dinc before it finally arrived. Here is my question: Is there a way to color code your events on the calendar? Or is there an app that does it?
    Thanks!

Advertisement

2. buffettgirl

buffettgirl Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Mass
    If you use Google Calendars you just create separate calendars for each type of event and link them all together, and do it that way - like "red" can be important items "green" doctors visits, "blue" things for your kids etc.

3. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Mira Loma, CA
    download Calendar Pad. It integrates with Google and has the same color codes. It also shows text without opening the specific day.

4. Robhimself

Robhimself Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    All the google calendar colors don't seem to work however. I have tried every color and can only seem to get 5 different ones to show up on my phone when I change them on the website.

5. cfountain66

cfountain66 Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Thanks for the replies. I better refine my question a bit. I am looking for one calendar to use on my phone (not using home computer at all) that can show different colors for different events. For example, let's say I coded family events green, fire department events red, a sports events blue. I would like to be able to look at the month view and be able to quickly tell what I have going on by the color. If I had two different type of events happening the same day I would like both colors showing for that day. This could help me stay out of trouble if you know what I mean!

6. buffettgirl

Jul 10, 2010
    Mass
    ok, then I would say go with calendar pad but first set it up in google. Even if you never are going to use the interface in google - set it up there first. Then use calendar pad and in the month view (and week views) you can see which items for that day are in which category. :) That's how I'm using it as well. I rarely touch the google calendar itself, on my pc, but I did set it up there first.

7. buffettgirl

Jul 10, 2010
    Mass
    @robhimself, the main calendar has an issue with displaying google colors properly but the add on applications don't seem to have that problem.

8. cfountain66

cfountain66 Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Thank you very much buffettgirl!