1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Calendar Questions

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by vrracr, Feb 16, 2011.

1. vrracr

vrracr Lurker
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    Insurance Agency Owner
    Houston, TX
    hi All,

my wife and I are switching to Android from BlackBerry. She got her MyTouch 4g over the weekend and I'm waiting for the Thunderbolt to come out to make the switch.

On her phone, there are some issues with the calendar functions. She has a gmail account, but her primary personal account is on AOL. With our BBs, we are able to send and receive meeting requests, review them and accept, decline or mark tentative, along with adding a note (to any email address). Being such a basic feature available on Outlook and BB, I never thought we would have issues with this on Android.

I sent her a calendar event to her AOL email yesterday from my BB for something we need to go to on Saturday morning. She received it but the email was garbled to a point where she had no idea when the event was and had to call me to ask.

This is something very strange. Is there an app that performs these functions? Because the included calendar can't seem to handle something so basic. We live on our calendars for both work and personal lives so this is a pretty important function. I use exchange at work so i'm not concerned about what I requests I receive while on my PC, but what about all those times when i won't be at my PC and need my phone to handle it?

We are having many issues with email as well, but that's for another thread.

Advertisement