• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar randomly deleting events

I am now 100% sure that my Droid 2 Global calendar randomly deletes events. Not very often, but enough that I become aware of it. At first I thought I was just not entering the event, or failing to hit save. But now I'm sure it's not me. I've done a lot of searching, and have found others who have the same complaint. It seems to have to do with syncing with other calendars. I sync with a corporate account and with gmail. The gmail calendar has no appointments at all. I recently tried to find the exact dates I'd entered for 5 evening appointments, and they were all gone. I am sure I entered them, because they are important, and I remember doing it. AND I see them on my corporate calendar, which I'm sure I did not use to enter the events. I have not used that calendar actively for quite a few months. Any thoughts on this? Does anyone maintain the calendar app? It's hard to believe the default calendar is so primitive. Besides the horrible problem with losing appointments, there is no built in searching, no year view. The list goes on. I would think the developers would be ashamed, and would be rolling out updates.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones