• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

herrmann

Sep 8, 2010
I've had my S3 for about a week and pretty happy with it. I am syncing my Outlook calendar and contacts using MyPhoneExplorer, and am generally happy with the stock Samsung calendar app and widget.

However, reminder display appears to be the stupidest design possible. I can't work out how to get a screenshot of it, but I get:

A very large icon (about half the screen) showing it is a calendar event (useless).

Small bold font showing the current date and time (largely irrelevant).

In smaller, non bold writing under all this, it shows the actual event name.

So the only information I need is the hardest item on the screen to read. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be, part of the reason for going for a big screen phone (I had a HTC Desire), and I need to see reminders while driving so I can't pick the phone up and take a closer look.

Is there a way to change this, and if not (as I am guessing is the case), is there an alternative calendar app that has been written by someone who actually uses it? Paid is fine - I paid over $200 for MS Office, I can pay $10 for an app for my phone that I'll use all day every day which may save me forgetting something important.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones