• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar reminder - sync with exchange: bug in 2.3.3

Tosah

Lurker
Jul 11, 2011
Exchange sync for reminders - bug in 2.3.3?

I have Galaxy S phone and just upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3.3 last week.
There is a problem with the exchange synchronization (I'm syncing with corporate exchange server 2010):
1. when I set a meeting with no reminder on the exchange - after it is synced to the phone it shows with an alarm "on time" instead of no alarm
2. When setting recurring meetings with reminder and then changing the time of one of the meetings in the series - that meeting shows no alarm on the phone

Neither problems exist on 2.2, and just appeared after upgrading to 2.3.3.
The local Samsung support told me they checked with Google and this is the way that 2.3.3 behaves and

I have an S2 with 2.3.3 and Contacts and email sync fine. The calendar is just unreliable. Sometimes it syncs and sometimes it doesn't (whichever end you enter the appointment!). Recurring also doesn't work if the start date is prior to 1970! However, if you set it up on outlook as after 1970, when it does sync, it works. If you then change it to say 1960, it still appears on the phone. We are also using exchange 2010.

I really need a solution to this one, an unreliable calendar is pretty useless!

Upvote 0
Likewise I have this problem too. Events created on Outlook and saved on Exchange 2010 with no reminder appear in my calendar on my Galaxy S2 with an alarm set. If the event created on Outlook has a reminder set for a particular interval before the event itself then this is correctly carried over as an alarm at the same interval before the event in the Android calendar. But events with no reminder come in with an alarm set!

It really is annoying as I use all-day events very often as a notification to myself. I am constantly being woken up at midnight because of the spurious alarms Android is setting.

Has anybody come up with a proper solution? I don't mean setting the notification sound to "silent", because there are some times when I do actually want a reminder to sound!

Michael

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones