• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar reminders keep annoying me

hal07

May 16, 2010
When a reminder comes up and I'm not present at phone, the reminder music come over and over again like every 5 minutes. This is really annoying.

Also, if I drive a car I cannot start fumbling around with the phone and the phone alerts me all the way.

I cannot turn off the alert sound, since I use it at work. And I cannot choose silent at profiles as I need to hear if the phone is ringing.

Is there a way to get a calendar reminder only once?

I've got the same issue as everyone else. I would really like to see a silence button as well as a sleep button WITH TIME. When you click sleep it should allow you to sleep the reminder for X hours, minutes, days. Also it seems that when I remove reminders they don't always quite beeping at me. Does anyone know if there is a place to set the time between reminders?

Upvote 0
When a reminder comes up and I'm not present at phone, the reminder music come over and over again like every 5 minutes. This is really annoying.

Also, if I drive a car I cannot start fumbling around with the phone and the phone alerts me all the way.

I cannot turn off the alert sound, since I use it at work. And I cannot choose silent at profiles as I need to hear if the phone is ringing.

Is there a way to get a calendar reminder only once?

You can set for only 5mins b4? Not ideal, I know.

Upvote 0
When you add an event into the calendar you can choose when and how frequently the calendar will remind you.

In 'add event' scroll to the bottom and you can set these in menus called Reminders and Repetition. I set my Remind to 24hrs and in Repetition I set it to One Time Event. Then it does exactly that - reminds me 24hrs before the event and reminds me once.

Upvote 0
i published an app which i think can help you for your problem. it is called calender event reminder and you can customize calender reminder sounds / vibration and duration of alert with it.
so for your problem you might set the duration of the alert to just a few seconds. or you can also only enable vibration.

you can find a detailed description here:
foobarblog 2.0 App: Calender Event Reminder

regards,
frank

Upvote 0
Sorry, I ment to set the default reminder to "no reminder" at all.

Yeah i used to find this annoying, unfortunately i could not find a simple way round this.
Now that i've rooted though and am using CM7, you can have a default of no reminder. I realise rooting isn't for everyone, but this was the only way i found to change this. (note, this wasn't the reason i rooted, just a post root observation)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones