• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar Sync Question

I was cleaning up my girlfriend's google calendar, since her Thunderbolt/Sense added a bunch of birthday info to it that she didn't want. It was taking forever, so she said she could just add the important couple of events back in if I deleted everything. So I did... unfortunately, I forgot that I had given her permission to change events on MY calendar and google's silly system makes deleting her calendar also delete every past and future event on my calendar.

I turned off sync on both phones, pretty quick, so a bunch of the events are still in there, but I don't know what would happen if I turned on the sync on either phone. Would the online version overwrite what's on the phone(s)? Is there some way to export whatever is on my phone? How nice will that export/import be if I have a lot of recurring events? Will it have all my past events, too, or does the amount of data that android keeps in memory have limits?

Thanks for any info you guys have

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones