• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar synch without wifi.

My wife is in hospital where there is no wifi. Our calendars have always synched perfectly at home using our home wifi, but I can't get her calendar to synch over the phone network.

The phone is a Galaxy Ace, on Vodafone, her contract includes data, and data is enabled on the phone so I should have thought there would be no problem. :thinking:

Works over wifi, won't work on network data. Any ideas very gratefully accepted......

How are you syncing the calendars? Using Google - or doing something local like MS Outlook on your PC via WiFi?
As far as I know we are synching via Google. Certainly not using anything to do with the various PCs. We use a wired network at home - the wifi is strictly for the phones.

If you're using Google, in the cloud as they say, syncing via the mobile network shouldn't be a problem.
That's what I thought. But it isn't happening. :( Thanks for trying though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones