• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar Synchronization

Abydos20

Lurker
Jan 4, 2021
Android Version 9.0

I have an issue synchronizing between different calendar accounts (2 Google, 1 Microsoft Outlook). For some time I thought it was the stock app on my LG phone but have since played around with some 3rd party calendar apps and I have the same issue.

Basically, synchronization downstream works fine but when I create an event on my phone it won't synchronize upstream to the 3 accounts.

Now, when I open the event creation form in any of the calendar apps normally it has a default calendar account selected. It's normally called "Phone" or just "Calendar". If I change this default calendar then the upstream sync works but that's no good as I want all 3 calendar accounts to be in sync not just one.

Does anyone have any ideas on what's happening here? Am I doing something obvious that's wrong? If I want all 3 calendars to show the same events then which calendar account should I be selecting in the event creation process?

I've already tried removing accounts then adding them back in and turning autosync off then on again on my device.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones