• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Calendar trackball alert

bushwacker

Lurker
Sep 21, 2010
Hi,

I have been searching for a way to get my trackball to flash when a calendar reminder goes off. It flashes on calls, text, email e.t.c. but not calendar?? I keep missing reminders because I'm away from my phone when the audible goes off :( and then I don't know it's happened....unless... I could have the trackball flashing too. :D

Does anyone know how to make the trackball flash when a calendar alert goes off?

TIA,

Mark.

Hi,

Sorry as you can see, first post. I am rooted but still have stock ROM. Tried Trackball Alert after your suggestion, but stock ROM is not supported. I am just using the default calendar and can't believe it's this difficult to get the trackball to flash :) I just downloaded Tasked but can't seem to get that to work either....but still working on it. If you (or anyone else) has any ideas, I would really appreciate it :)

Cheers,

Mark

Question I have is:

Are you rooted?

If so, then you can use LilHermit's Trackball Alert (Pro also available) or a custom ROM that supports this.

Also, you wanting this for default calendar or Exchange cal (like with Touchdown)?

Need more info. :D

Upvote 0
If your rooted then you must try the king of ROMs, Cyanogen. Among a bevy of wonderful things it has full trackball customization, calendar included.

Cyanogen is great, his ROM's are, for the most part great, however, there are still many issues with the 6.x stable that is out. Read the threads.

I have tried most ROM's out now and honestly, Stock is the most stable.

[ROM] FRF91/FRG33 Stock, Deodexed, rooted, busybox, battery %, TB alert/wake 9/16/10 - xda-developers

The above ROM is what I am using, it is Stock with FRG33 elements built in and some light themes applied (black status bar is one that you REALLY do want, helps with burn-in with darker colors).

Here is what I am using (From my XDA Sig):

DEVICE: Google Nexus One
RADIO: Froyo Stock (FRF91)
BOOT LOADER: LOCKED
ROM: Geo411m FRF91/FRG33 Stock ROM
THEME: Mythamp Theme for Geo411m
Mods: Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5 Final
NETWORK: T-Mobile

Also, I am using LilHermits Trackball Alert Pro and it's working great. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks Talderon,

I'm going to show my ignorance here and ask how to get that custom ROM? The directions on the page aren't clear to me as to what part of it I'm doing when I follow the instructions. I installed the Recovery Image and ran the recovery per the instructions listed here ([Recovery] [30-May-2010] RA-nexus-v1.7.0.1 - xda-developers).... here's the stupid question....Where do I get the actual ROM?

I tried to see what ROM I'm running now but don't even know how to do that. I only know I am running the original ROM because I hadn't replaced it.

Thanks very much!

Upvote 0
Hey Talderon and Snazzy,

Disregard - I got it =) Totally new experience for me so steep learning curve. Since I didn't lose any of my apps, I may try some other ROM's just for kicks. Not difficult at all once you understand what each step is for.

Thanks again!

Mark.

Glad to hear your up and "rooting" usually if your flashing similar ROM on top of each other there is no need to wipe. If you do have to wipe there are a few backup solutions out there to keep your apps intact. I flash the Latest Cyanogen update every night so I always have the fixes and new features as they become available, no need to wipe.

Upvote 0
Talderon, big thanks again. I loaded the theme you're using too and it's freakin' amazing. May be my imagination but the ROM seems much faster as well.

Snazzy, thanks for the info! Again, huge learning curve. When / if I get bored with this one, I'll give Cyanogen a try. To me, this new ROM is like having a brand new phone...pretty slick =)

Cheers guys,

Mark.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones