• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar: Where are my Holidays?

sachertorte

Apr 16, 2018
Today, when putting my vacation days into the stock calendar, I noticed that the holidays that were there when I started the phone are now gone. The only thing that I know that I could have done was to do the phone software updates. Does anyone know what might have happened? How, if possible can I get them back? Is there a way to get another set of holidays on the calendar. Even though I want the ones back I had upon startup, I have to admit that lots of weird holidays were featured. I would consider others, if possible.

Danny

Google calendar Setting lower left side

holiday.png

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. Not finding anything like that. While I thought I once saw "other calendars", I never did see anything about "Holidays in France", or the United States.

Danny

You should see Holidays in United States. I share my calendar with my wife. My wife is French so that's why you're seeing Holidays in France.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
You should see Holidays in United States. I share my calendar with my wife. My wife is French so that's why you're seeing Holidays in France.

I would like to see "Holidays in Germany", because my wife is German, but so far, no.matter where I look, am I seeing Holidays for any country. I am not sharing any calendars right now that I am aware of, if that makes a difference in what I am seeing or not seeing.

I should be able to hit the "three bar" icon in the calendar app and change it to another account if I need, or should? I can see how I can manipulate what is shown in a given account/Calendar by the page referenced. That page allows me to "manage accounts", which could allow me to add another Gmail account and select what shows on the calendar?

Danny

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
This is the Google Calendar you are using, correct? You have clicked the 3 horizontal bars on the upper left hand corner. correct?

As best as I can tell, yes, the Google calendar, though I have discovered something that might matter. When I go to this page, then click settings, it is showing "birthdays" and "Holidays in the United States". Both are checked. This refers to one of my email accounts, but this is different than the email account that is shown when I access the calendar app directly and click on the three bars as you mention.

Google Calendar Page

Danny

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
That must be the problem, multiple calendars

Yes, I think. Maybe the existing one (account used for the calendar, and calendar) is set so that none of these holidays are set to show in the calendar app, but I do see birthdays in the calendar. I might be able to play around with it and get it sorted out. The email account used for my Z Fold 4 (Google Play, etc.) js the one referenced right now in the calendar. Does the stock calendar have to use this email account? Should it? Can I just use it referencing any Google account/email?

Danny

Upvote 0
the one referenced right now in the calendar. Does the stock calendar have to use this email account? Should it? Can I just use it referencing any Google account/email?
You can use any calendar from any Gmail sign-on you have, or multiple. In calendar settings (hamburger menu) you should see your Gmail accounts listed, enable or disable sync for them (tap it). You can also select which calendars to show for each.

Upvote 0
Still having a problem with this. I have two primary Google accounts, one is my primary one for the device and for Google Play. That one is active in my stock Google calendar app, but it is
Google calendar Setting lower left side

View attachment 165460
Still having problems with this no longer displaying holidays, but I did find this information on the desktop version of the Google calendar page. I have two primary Google accounts. One is the account associated with my phone and Google Play, and the other is just another basic email address. The checkboxes you show above I can now see for both accounts. My options are not entirely like yours, but as you noted, you are showing French holidays because your wife is French. In any case, both of my Google accounts are check marked now for "Holidays in United States" but I am not seeing them. Maybe a restart is needed?

Danny

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones