• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar widget ******edness.

daveybaby

Android Expert
Sep 21, 2009
UK
Try this: set up an all day event in your calendar for the day after tomorrow. Place the 4x1 calendar widget on your home screen. Note how the widget informs you that the event is actually scheduled for tomorrow, not the day after.

Anyone else get this? Or is it just me?

Guessing that an 'all day' event actually runs from midnight to midnight, and the widget is counts 'tomorrow' as running till midnight, and is thus picking up all day events starting at midnight tomorrow as occuring tomorrow.

Gah! Can anyone suggest a good replacement calendar app?

Try this: set up an all day event in your calendar for the day after tomorrow. Place the 4x1 calendar widget on your home screen. Note how the widget informs you that the event is actually scheduled for tomorrow, not the day after.

Anyone else get this? Or is it just me?

Guessing that an 'all day' event actually runs from midnight to midnight, and the widget is counts 'tomorrow' as running till midnight, and is thus picking up all day events starting at midnight tomorrow as occuring tomorrow.

Gah! Can anyone suggest a good replacement calendar app?

Yep, I got that so stopped using it. Smooth Calendar widget is quite nice if you want to try a replacement.

Another calendar problem I have (sort of on topic still I hope) when you long press on day view (time view not entry view) to create a meeting, it says it's about to create an entry at, say, 15:00 but when you get to the screen to add deatils it's actually an hour in the future. Anybody else...?

Upvote 0
Cheers guys, tried the android agenda widget and it's great.

All i need now is for HTC to improve the setting of reminders on the calendar and i'm good to go (hint to any HTC people reading: if i want be reminded 2 days in advance for an all day event, i dont want it to go off at midnight :rolleyes: In other words: need to be able to set a specific date/time for a reminder, not just pick from a limited selection).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones