1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Calendar woes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jhbacon, Dec 15, 2013.

1. jhbacon

jhbacon Lurker

I have been searching, unsuccessfully, for a calendar that :

Is not cloud based
    Non sync'ing
    Ability to have multiple calendars

I use seperate calendars for certain events, such as bills that are due, birthdays, cash flow, etc.

These are all seperate calendars, I do not want them to sync as I need / want the info to be forever seperate. And, I do not always have web access, so they need to be local.

Can anyone recommend anything ?
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

Pimlical/A can use its own local calendar database (ie. not the device's local calendar). It also allows you to choose calendars and/or disable the sync (whatever you want/choose).

However, it is not an easy calendar app to use. It does have a learning curve. The UI is aged/old and looks like PalmOS back in the day (which some do not like). It also does not have a widget (if you are looking for one as well). It's pricey, but the funds also go to a good cause.

There is a desktop counterpart you can use and sync locally (not using cloud) as well. But it is 'sold separately'.

I have used this for a long time (it was known as DateBk from PalmOS days). The Android needed some getting used to and there are still some things missing from PalmOS.

You can find a 10-day trial here:
    Pimlico Software Inc

jhbacon likes this.