1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Calendar year view

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by wmm, Jan 7, 2010.

1. wmm

wmm Android Enthusiast

I just got a Nexus One. This is my first exposure to Android; I'm coming from a Windows Mobile (and, before that, PocketPC) background. One of the things I used frequently is the year-at-a-time view of the calendar, both for quick navigation to a date far in the future and just to see things like what day of the week August 17 is. The menu for the Calendar app doesn't list such a view; am I missing something? If that's not something the standard app can do, is there a downloadable app that offers it? (A quick scan through the market didn't turn up any obvious contenders.)

Thanks for any pointers.

2. wmm

wmm Android Enthusiast

Or another related app that would mostly cover this one would be a perpetual calendar (i.e., one that shows the calendar for any specified year in the past or future). Searching the market for "perpetual calendar" came up empty, but it might be a sub-function of some more inclusive app, if anyone knows. Thanks again.

3. strick

strick Lurker

This is a late reply, however was searching for the answer myself when I stumbled upon how to do it. Just pinch to zoom inward in the monthly view to get a full view of the yea. Android 2.3.5.

4. marwerno

marwerno Lurker

Another late reply:
    DejaOffice has a built in Yearly view as well. What I like about it:
    It has Calendar numbers in black and blue: Blue numbers meaning that there is an event on that day, blue number meaning there is no event on that day :)