1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Calendar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Johndo, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Johndo

Johndo Lurker
    None

Nov 28, 2010
    My wife got a x10 mini pro.
    My question is: Are this the only calendar? I've set up a google calendar, and it's syncs OK, but like on my HTC Desire, when I add a new appointment, I can choose wheather it's should be in the online google calendar, or in the "built in" calender on the phone. We've tried, but can only find the google calendar, and when making a new appointment, the only calendar choice is google. :(
    I use my buildt in HTC calendar, for reminding me of things, my wife don't need to get an alarm for. ( Like remember to by wife christmas gift ;) )

Advertisement

2. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    You could have a look on the Market for Calendar apps that do different things.

I use an app called Jorte which I quite like, but don't know if it lets you separate your calendars as I only use it synced with google. Jorte - Jorte Q&A

3. Johndo

Johndo Lurker
    None

Nov 28, 2010
    Thx for the advise. I alreday use Jorte on my HTC Desire, and it's a good calendar app. But in Jorte as well, the only calendar I can make appointments/reminders in are the Google calendar. Somehow there must be a "local" calendar so it's possible to choose wheather to sync online, or just have a personal reminder to call John on tuesday.
    On my HTC Desire I get the option to choose which calendar to make the appointment in.

4. andyheer

andyheer Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    In Jorte you can select which calendar to use in the Options. You can use Jorte calendar or Google calendar and switch between them. You can't display both at once. However I don't know if it will give you reminders from one calendar while you're set to the other. You could always just try it.

Another answer would be to just set up another Google calendar which has your private items. You can colour code Google calendars so the two calendars are shown in different colours.