• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My husband and I both have the Droid Eris. When I have entered info into the calendar on my phone it shows up on his also. Is this because we are using the same gmail account? and if it is, is there anyway around it besides one of use creating a new account?

Thank you!

You can go into Google Calendar on that account (on a PC, not the phone) and create a new calendar for yourself (or for him, whichever). It's on the left hand wide - My Calendars; there is a link to create a new one just beneath the listing. (My wife and I do not share a gmail account, but I have calendars for me, her, each of the kids, birthdays, holidays, and vacations there.)

In the Calendar on your phone, press Menu, then Calendars, and from there you can choose which calendars on the google account get synced to the phone.

Upvote 0
You should be able to see any of the calendars created under your Google account, as well as any you have access to (that you're sharing via Google Calendar).

To get them to show up in your phone, go to the Calendar app (not the widget), and hit the "Menu" soft key. The bottom-left option should be "Calendars". From there you can check and uncheck which calendars will show up.

If you've gone there and your new calendar isn't showing up, I'm not sure... it may be that your phone isn't in synch with your Google account, but I'll defer to people who know more than I do about such things.

Upvote 0
NM resynced and it's there.

Thank you for your help.

You're welcome. It's funny: I had just created a new, subscribed calendar today (you can add some publicly available calendars that automatically update themselves via the web - my son's high school track schedule for the spring season is what I added) and, after my last post, I found that the calendar wasn't listed on my phone, either - even after I manually synced.

I actually had to go back home, Settings -> Data Synchronization -> Google, turn off and then back on Calendar sync, and then it showed up again.

Weird.

Anyway, glad to have helped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones