1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Calendars Suscriptions

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by xxWJSxx, Jul 9, 2013.

1. xxWJSxx

xxWJSxx Lurker

My company just switched to Office 365 (hosted Exchange) and we have two calendars that our field techs need to access on their Android and iPhones phones (various, newer models.)

Each calendar has been Published (shared) and an ICS link generated. This link was emailed to the field techs. Those with iPhones simply clicked the link and the iPhone asked if they wanted to subscribe to the calendars. Click subscribe, and the calendars now show in their Calendar app, just the way we hoped.

Android downloads the ICS file from the link. It shows up in the Notification area under Downloads. I need these calendars to appear in the Android Calendar app as it does on the iPhone.

I cannot add the Exchange accounts associated with calendars on the phones because that would give them full access to those accounts. Adding the shared link to the phone’s Gmail account is not an option because we skip this step during activation. Either way, I’ve tried adding the generated, shared links (ICS and HTML) to my Gmail Calendar to see if it would work but it errors with: ‘The address that you provided did not contain a calendar in a valid iCal or GData format’ and ‘Could no fetch URL’, respectively.

So is there a method or app that will let me use the shared links and display events in the Calendar app? It shouldn't be this hard.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Open the link in a browser. Does the calendar show up on the web?

3. xxWJSxx

xxWJSxx Lurker

Yes, it does open but the view is limited to just 1-day, no option for week or month view and is very slow to load. This was shot down by the tech and the sales crew immediately.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Shot down?

Is there no button on the webpage to adding it to your calendar? It should have one AFAIK