• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendars with colored event text

Mark01

Lurker
Mar 12, 2012
Hello,

Would you please help?

I am looking for an Android calendar that :

1. can sync with Outlook, and
  2. can set different colors to the text of individual events based on their categories.

( PS. I used to use Pocket Informant. But I am told the Android version has a lot of problems, including syncing with outlook )

im not sure of the sync but calengoo has good color options maybe business calender im sticking with pocket informant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

So u are using the Android Pocket Informant? I heard there are many problems such as slow speed and unable to sync with Outlook. The satisfaction ratings are quite low.

Did you have any of these problems?

Upvote 0
Hi Spile,

Yes, I heard the standard Google Calendar doesn't support color categaories. Thanks for confirming. That is why I don't even bother to find something that syncs with it.

I just need something that syncs with Outlook, which is more important to me.

Kevindroid made a good suggestion about Calengoo. But it looks as if the Outlook category colors would not be preserved when you port the data to Calengoo.

Would be good if Calengoo offer a trial version for me to try before I buy :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones