1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Calender sync

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jamesbil, Jan 3, 2012.

1. jamesbil

jamesbil Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Can anyone tell me if I can create appointments/tasks on a calender on my pc and sync it to the calender on my phone?

Do I need another app or can I do it with stock calender?

Advertisement

2. eirrom

eirrom Member
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    Wisconsin
    As far as tasks go, you will need a task program like GTasks in order to get them to appear on your phone. For appointments, the stock calender will work fine as long as you are syncing with your Google calender.

3. jamesbil

None

Dec 15, 2011
    cool, can you tell me how to?

4. valorian

valorian Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Northern Illinois
    On your phone, go to Accounts and Sync. Click on your Google account and make sure calendar is checked. If it is, then your calendar in your phone will sync with Google calendar. Verify this by logging into Google on a PC. Go to the calendar and add an event. If a few seconds the event should appear on your phone. Works the other way too.

5. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

Jan 28, 2011
    Jamesbill: It depends on what kind of Calendar you're using on your PC. If you use Microsoft Outlook or Windows Live Mail, then you may want to consider automatically syncing your contacts and calendar using this free method. It's what I use.

6. spile

spile Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    GoogleCalendar Sync does this and very easy to set up and use.
    MyPhoneExplorer also does this and also supports tasks and notes.
    Both are free.
    The above options give you the ability to sync via cloud, wifi, bluetooth and USB.

7. jamesbil

None

Dec 15, 2011
    Thats a great help thanks everyone,
    Will prob use Google calendar, tho windows calendar would be my first choice if i could do it.

8. Rambo69only

Rambo69only Newbie
    None

if you have samsung you can sync your calendar with kies

9. Rambo69only

Rambo69only Newbie
    None

I am not sure about other phones

10. jamesbil

None

Dec 15, 2011
    thanks ist a HTC

11. Displacedmic

Displacedmic Member
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    I became a mac guy 2 years ago and i haven't looked back since but for what it's worth, my mac calendar program sync's with my google calendar which in turn sync's with my Evo. This works perfectly as a go-between my phone and computer and since setting this up i almost never open google calendars.

i am sure you can do something similar on a windows machine :)

In addition to all of that, my favourite task program is the app Astrid in conjunction with the free online service producteev.com, the latter also syncs w/ my google account. what i love about producteev is i can email tasks to myself. this is amazingly convenient.

for example yesterday i got a statement from the county that i owe car taxes due on feb 26th. so i sent the following email:

task@producteev.com
    subject: pay car tax 2/26/12

that gets instantly entered into my astrid to-do list and all of my calendars and there's no way i'll forget to take care of that and i can do it from any device. i actually find this easier than manually creating a task.

you guys should definitely check out producteev - i'm not even beginning to scratch the surface of what it can do - and no, i don't work for them :p

the paid calendar apps i use on my phone are the pure calendar app and the pure agenda.
    i also recently discovered the calendar app Jorte on the market which seems to be another superb (and free) calendar app complete with widgets and sync & task support.

I know i go a little over-board with the organization but if i don't constantly fight the entropy that is my mind's organization, things just don't get done. post-it notes, planners, physical calendars all just served as nice little diaries of all the things i didn't do - the phone nags me until i do them and has thus changed my life, no exaggeration.