1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Calender updates for Desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnboyflash, Aug 13, 2011.

1. johnboyflash

johnboyflash Lurker
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    Hi, i have a really frustrating problem with my HTC Desire that ruins an otherwise great phone.

i am running Microsoft outlook 2010 (i have also tried from 2003 & 2007) on my laptop as does my PA on her desktop.

i spend most of my time out of the office so i rely on my PA making appointments and sending me appointment (meeting) requests that i look at and either accept or decline.

all has worked well with every phone i have ever had (Nokia & Ericsson) until the Desire. i receive the meeting request email fine, but it is blank. it does not appear in the phone calender at all.

i sent HTC an email and i got a very unhelpful message back "it does not sync with outlook via meeting request, you need to upgrade to Exchange!".

does anyone know how to do this or are HTC right! i cant believe HTC appear to have left such a hole.

thanks,

Advertisement

2. johnboyflash

johnboyflash Lurker
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    As I have had reply s does this mean that there is no way around this problem??

3. spile

spile Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    I think the easiest way to do this would be to run Google Calendar sync on her/your PC. This syncs Outlook with Google which will then automatically sync with android. Works for me

4. 1st_Paladin

1st_Paladin Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    Male
    You can also try forwarding all your mails to a Gmail account. That's how my wife got round this issue.

Tags: