1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support calibrating extended battery issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 2ndaccord, May 28, 2011.

1. 2ndaccord

2ndaccord Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 19, 2010
    I have been calibrating a sprint extended battery for over a week. I have charged and unplugged and charged when powered off over 5 times in last week. How long does it normally take until it will charge fully the first time. I literally just took it off the charger a few minutes ago and it dropped like 20 percent in a couple of minutes. Calibrating every time I charge is inconvenient and lengthy.

Advertisement

2. lesawag

lesawag Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Maintaining peace in my world
    Austin Texas
    That's odd. I only calibrated my sprite extended battery the day I got it ,and it lasted 15 hours with 30% left at bedtime. They will drop from100% to 90% pretty quickly but after that drop they really drain slow. I guess the main question is how long does your battery last? Are you using it alot for music and games etc? Data intensive stuff drains your battery faster. Have you tried all the battery saving tips?

3. 2ndaccord

None

Jan 19, 2010
    I took it off the charger this morning and it seems to be holding a charge well today. It been about 6 hours off the charger and I have been using it heavily today and I still have about 70% left. It just sucks that I have to constantly plug and unplug just to get the battery to charge fully.

4. lesawag

lesawag Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Maintaining peace in my world
    Austin Texas
    What do you mean you have to plug and unplug alot? There shouldn't be any reason to do that. Some people do it once a month after the first calibration. I only did it when I first got the battery a couple of months ago. I charge when I'm sleeping only. What happens if you charge once a day?
    After the first overnight charge mine charged fully.

5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Android Expert
    None

Feb 7, 2010
    I do some stuff and get paid for it...that's all t
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    I had the same 30% drop in a few minutes after a full charge when I got the Sprint battery a week ago. I charged it till it went green. Then shut the phone off and plugged the charger back in. It took another 30 or so minutes of charging. After that, no more issues!

6. 2ndaccord

None

Jan 19, 2010
    When I charge it I will let it charge until it is green. Then I will turn it off and let it charge more until it is green again. (Usually takes another 45 minutes to an hour.) Then I unplug and power it on. Within minutes the battery will drop about 10 percent then the battery will level off. I have to do this to get it to level around 90 percent. If I just charge it till green and not power off and charge more, then the battery will drain to about 70 percent until it levels off. I think my phone is not recognizing that it is a larger battery and only wants to charge to the old capacity.

7. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Android Expert
    None

Feb 7, 2010
    I do some stuff and get paid for it...that's all t
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    I felt like mine was doing the same thing. I've had it since last friday and it's fine now. All I can say is to just keep doing the complete drain and complete recharge. Mine was fine after 2-3 days though...

8. 2ndaccord

None

Jan 19, 2010
    Maybe I spoke took soon because I took it off the charger a little bit ago and the charge seems to be holding. Maybe I just needed a few extra cycles to get the battery calibrated properly. It has stayed above 90% in the past hour after being off the charger.

9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    for the sake of revisiting the topic (sorry it's in all of the battery threads lol)

1.discharge fully
    2. charge fully while on till green
    3. unplug till green goes off
    4. plug back in until green
    5. unplug
    6. when green turns off power off phone
    7. charge fully until green
    8. unplug until green goes off

repeat step 8 until length of time till green decreases to seconds.

do these steps in one sitting... and repeat them any time the battery is removed.

10. Rube8514

Rube8514 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    Male

lol....mine is getting worse....75-90 seconds

11. 2ndaccord

None

Jan 19, 2010
    Yeah I was doing that exactly. But my only issues is that after calibrating at least 5 times I would have assumed that I could get to a point were I could just plug in and charge without have to calibrate the battery every time I wanted to charge the battery. It seemed to have gotten better but sometimes I charge while on the go and going through the calibration cycle is too time consuming. With my old standard battery i calibrated it one time and the battery seemed fine. Idk.

12. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    yeah you shouldn't have to do it all the time...but with that being said...you will always get a 10-20% drop right off the bat. I'm not going to go into why because there are multiple threads about it. I will try and find them for ya

Tags: