1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Calibration of touch screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KlaymenDK, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Lelouch

Lelouch Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    Kri
    So, can we all agree on the fact that the styluses are a thing of the past, like DaSchmarotzer wrote? Or not? Maybe there are some stylus lovers on this forum?

Advertisement

2. informale

informale Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Scotland
    They are, as they simply don't work on capacitive displays. I heard there as a special stylus for capacitive screens, but I think it is only good in Siberia, when using your phone outdoors in -40. If the phone can work at all at this temperature )

3. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    I remember reading on engadget about people in Tokyo using sausages on their iPhones when it gets really code. Apparently, it works!

-chronodekar

4. Temple25

Temple25 Lurker
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    I completely understand the problems folks are having touching incorrect characters on the touch screen.

Coming from a physical qwerty keyborad world, I've found that I've had to be very careful in touching the right characters on the screen...sometimes it's downright frustrating the amount of times I have to do it to get it right. There does not seem to be a calibration tool either.

I think I've found a "solution" to those of us who don't have "stick-like fingers" or good aim :)

It MAY seem like going backwards to the old-non-qwerty keyboard....but work with me here and try it out.

1. go to Settings -> Locale and text -> Samsung Keypad -> Keypad types and select 3x4 Keypad.

2. in Samsung Keypad settings window, select XT9 ...it rocks y'all and it also learns...so you can get yo' cussin in :) !

Auto-cap and keypad sweeping is up to you...me, I don't bother with the sweeping deal.

3. go to the Set default keyboard and choose the Samsung keypad.

Now here's the thing...when you go to messaging and such and see the keypad, it'll take you back to the days of the numbers/letters deal...BUT since it is fewer keys per area, the keys are much "fatter" and your accuracy will improve dramtically. Thing about the XT9 is that it is pretty impressive when it comes to predicting...AND, like i said, it learns as you use it so it becomes even more accurate as it goes along.

Back in the day when that was all we used it was a major PAIN as you had to hit the keypad multiple times depending on which character you were after, but with touchscreen-XT9 combo makes it much easier.

Lemme know how it worked for ya'll. BTW give it a chance.