• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Caligo Chaser(Beat'em Up Action RPG) Now Available on Android Market!!

Dash attack works every time for me. Never had an issue.

Its a side scrolling action rpg. There arent many controls at all. Explain how they are "loose"???
They're largely nonresponsive to player input. That's what loose usually means in this context. It's nice that your experience differed from mine but I would caution anyone interested in this game that it doesn't play particularly well. Being the best beat-em-up available on the marketplace isn't the same thing as being worth $5 or even being good.

Upvote 0
For a group of people who own expensive hand-held devices.. we have a frugal crowd. Is $5 (and now I hear the price is lowered) really asking for too much if this game at the very least gives you atleast 2+ hrs of good gameplay, adds something to your phone to show off to casual observers, and encourages developers to make more games to the Android market? I put it into the perspective in that... it seems like most people have no qualms with shelling out $8-$12 (even more for Imax and 3d) for a 2 hour movie.

Upvote 0
For a group of people who own expensive hand-held devices.. we have a frugal crowd. Is $5 (and now I hear the price is lowered) really asking for too much if this game at the very least gives you atleast 2+ hrs of good gameplay, adds something to your phone to show off to casual observers, and encourages developers to make more games to the Android market? I put it into the perspective in that... it seems like most people have no qualms with shelling out $8-$12 (even more for Imax and 3d) for a 2 hour movie.

I HATE going to the movies for that very reason. I feel ripped off every time I go. Every once in a while my wife will drag me to a movie, but I hate spending $10 on the crap she wants to go see.

I did try out the Caligo Chaser demo, and I didn't really enjoy it. Just not my type of game I guess. At least not the type of game I want to play on a phone.

Upvote 0
I HATE going to the movies for that very reason. I feel ripped off every time I go. Every once in a while my wife will drag me to a movie, but I hate spending $10 on the crap she wants to go see.

I did try out the Caligo Chaser demo, and I didn't really enjoy it. Just not my type of game I guess. At least not the type of game I want to play on a phone.

Agreed on all accounts. Game is a good effort and I can see it being well worth to those who enjoy these games on the phone.. but for the phone, I'd rather there be a high quality turn-based RPG.

Upvote 0
It's still there as I just saw this thread and downloaded the demo. It won't let me install it though as it want's 20mb of my phone's memory. They should make it install to the SD card instead, some people don't want to have to root their phone just so we can play a game when most other developers actually realise there's an SD card to use. Until the developer realises and rectifies this, I'll only be able to install it if and when my desire gets it's 2.2 update where it may apparently include an option for us to choose where to install apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones