1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Call active icon is always on in top right corner

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Charlye312, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Charlye312

Charlye312 Lurker

Hi!
    Any idea how to get rid of the call active icon? I've tried restarting the phone several times. My s7 edge runs Android nougat with the latest updates. Thanks.

Attached Files:

traceycarson66 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Is that not the icon to indicate Wifi calling is enabled? Turn it off in settings and see if it disappears.

3. Charlye312

Charlye312 Lurker

Wi-Fi calling is off. I never turned it on. I tried turning it on and off several times without effect

4. Charlye312

Charlye312 Lurker

The problem may be with wifi calling because a while ago I received a message from my carrier that it was activated and I need I phone reboot for it. And I rebooted my phone today and I started having this issue. I will call my carrier service tomorrow since I didn't find anything online about deactivating this.

5. lunatic59

maybe that's a carrier icon showing that WiFi calling is available? Who's your carrier?

6. Charlye312

Charlye312 Lurker

• Orange, EU

7. Charlye312

Charlye312 Lurker

Hi, problem solved: Settings/Connections/Mobile networks/4G Call -> Off
    Any idea on the difference of having this option enabled or disabled?

8. lunatic59

I think 4g calling is similar to WiFi calling, just over a mobile network.

9. Charlye312

Charlye312 Lurker

I tried to test the 4g calling option. With it active, while talking to somebody, 4g network is still active and can be used. With it inactive, while talking to somebody, for internet browsing the phone connects to 3g. And according to some operator from my carrier the speed and quality of the call is improved if both parties have this option active.

lunatic59 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3600mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews