1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Call Blockers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kamau, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

I'm looking for one that actually works AND is free. Also, do call blockers need an active data connection to do there jobs? When I'm not actually using the Internet, I have my data turned off. I have begun to get private number calls which I ignore anyway, but would like to block them right from the start.
    I may consider a paid one, but just not a monthly payment I have to use a credit card for (one that would bill my account would be acceptable).

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ICS has built in call blocking features in the Phone app. Just select a number in the Call History tab and hold your finger over it. You'll see "Block Caller".

Kamau likes this.
  3. euphan1555

euphan1555 Android Enthusiast

That only declines the call they can still leave a voice mail

Kamau likes this.
  4. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert

try extreme call blocker if that doesnt work you can use a root level call blocker hope this helps you

Kamau likes this.
  5. richking34

richking34 Android Enthusiast

Try Blacklist

6. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

Ok, but will doing that block all private numbers (which is what the caller I.D. says)? That's what I'm mostly looks bf for is the ability to block private & unknown numbers.

7. namartlu

namartlu Member

How many # you are looking to block? One way is to call VM and tell them to add the # to your block call list. I think they allow up to 10 #s. This way, they can't even reach your voice mail.

8. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

I'm looking to block any & all numbers that are private or unknown. You know how some people will block their number from showing up on your caller I.D.? Those are the type of numbers I want to block. On my caller I.D., it will show up as "private caller" or "unknown number", and those are the ones I want to block.

edit: also, as I said the app must be able to work without an active data connection because I usually keep data off until I'm actually on the Internet, to save battery life and keep the temperature down.

9. RG570

RG570 Newbie

ive used Mr number , its free , and i always have my data off if i don't need it and its worked fine, i used it on my optimus and it worked great, i just installed it on my evo because a collection agency is looking for someone that had my new number
    they updated the app with alot of stuff i don't need but it still blocks unwanted calls and texts
    good luck

Kamau likes this.