• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call divert when online

Ok so I've had a search around on here but can't find a solution. When I'm surfing the net on my Desire HD and someone calls me they get diverted to my voicemail, this didnt always happen so I've obviously changed a setting unintentionally! I can't seem to find the setting to interrupt my browsing to allow me to take the call, any help much appreciated :)

I had this exact same problem when I was with o2. Strangely I never had this with my old phone, but the Desire HD did have this problem. After a lot of research I discovered this is something to do with how the Network prioritise data over voice calls when you are in 2g areas.
I even got the 3rd line support team at o2 to confirm this is the problem, but they couldnt explain why it only affects some people, on some phones.

Solution, switch to Vodafone. They are the only network in the UK that don't have this problem.

If you think I'm crazy (and I wouldn't blame you if you did), see the following thread for other solutions that seem to have worked for other people:

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/82002-desire-getting-missed-calls-but-phone-not-ringing.html

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones