• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call Drop issue in Appolo (Galaxy 3)

to_sukanta

Oct 12, 2010
I'm facing one strange issue in my Samsung galaxy 3(appolo). My calls getting dropped within 3-4 minutes automatically. Previously, I thought that it was due to accidentally touching the 'End Call' button but later I understood that there is a serious issue in the phone itself. Its still dropping the call when in loudspeaker mode. Somebody, please help me to get out of this or suggest me any solution :mad:

Hi ,
I am new to this group and new to Andriod Phones too.I brought Samsung Galaxy 3 I5801 mobile one week.

The mobile seems to be fine for me for low cost mobiles

But ,the problems are known slowly.I when call to a person it gets disconnected for some time and it will not connect for a while......
when i observer in the screen is the signal strength is being zeroed at that time.This is the major problem.I am not able to talk in this mobile for a while .The basic mobile functionality is not working properly in this mobile

Other problems is the black screen in opening the contacts and it doesn't support some video formats..........

Can Any body help me how to over come with this probelms.......

Upvote 0
go to samsung centre
i went there they updated some files or something
problems have lessen up but i am keeping an eye on calls

Dear akashclear,

Can you please let me know what Samsung center means ?The service centre for Samsung Mobiles isn't it?If it is ,Is it there in every city of India?I stay in Chennai.Can I know where is the service center in Chennai/Hyderabad as I bought the mobile in Hyderabad?:(

Regards,
Siva

Upvote 0
I have same issue till i had my vodafone mobile connect started...

The calls get disconnected and then not able to connect again instead of having full signal strength.....

I disabled all the apps using GPRS....and it worked fne for me till now....
Strange its not same when connected via WIFI....

Seems the network not able to be shared btween calls and other gprs stuffs....

any fix????appreciated

Upvote 0
A quick fix for time till Android 2.2 is available for galaxy3...

Disable auto sync for gprs...

Settings-> accounts and sync

disable all options....

Well this thing is needed only while using GPRS (mine is vodafone mobile connect)
didnt face any issues with auto sync enabled while using wifi.....

hope so it helps u ppl.....

Upvote 0
A quick fix for time till Android 2.2 is available for galaxy3...

Disable auto sync for gprs...

Settings-> accounts and sync

disable all options....

Well this thing is needed only while using GPRS (mine is vodafone mobile connect)
didnt face any issues with auto sync enabled while using wifi.....

hope so it helps u ppl.....

Hi buddy

I also have vodafone mobile connect and facing drastic voice calls drop issue. I will appreciate if you can answer this question:

If I uncheck everything in accounts and sync, it will not automatically sync my gmail contacts, calendar etc, which is something I need. Is there a workaround for the same

Upvote 0
Hi all
I am also facing the call drop issue and sometimes the call cannot be made even after repeatedly trying to call.
This is not a network issue bcoz my sim worked fine in the iphone.

I think this is an android issue ..need comments and any possible resolution except the one mentioned above.( as i have tried the above fix)
Awaiting replies....

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I am also using Samsung Galaxy 3 Mobile phone. I am also facing the same call droping problem while i am using vodafone mobile connect. I have given the complaint to customer care in this regards also but after 2 weeks i didnot got any solution from the customer care. At last they said me to go to vodafone store for the solution. I have visited the store but they said there is problem in your mobile. I am not facing problem when in Wi Fi network or when VMC in disconnected. it seems the problem of android only.

Upvote 0
Big problem with call drops . seems the galaxy 3 is for now useless to me as i cannot use that as phone . is a pity for a big firma like Samsung to sell a phone which is not working :p Any solution soon or i have to give the phone to my children as a toy phone to play with. Maybe 2.2 will fix issue ?? any fresh news about ?? :mad:

Upvote 0
@neebhaskaran: Dont fall for the customer service trick of motherboard. Kindly try the same with Airtel. If you face same issue with Airtel then its a hardware issue. I have also got the software upgraded. It works fine till the time market is not activated.

I tried another thing today. I have called vodafone customer care and disable Vodafone Live service. Account Sync is enable and no call drop since morning. I will try the same for 1-2 days and if there is call drop, there is another service from Vodafone i.e. GPRS data bearer service. If it doesnt have any impact of VMC, i will disable that service too and test.

Upvote 0
To Sukanta: you said: this problem is now resolved after switching off the data connection. What is the meaning of switching off the data connection. And android generic problem: please explain it.

I've seen that when I disable the gprs/edge connection, I dont face this issue.
So, nowadays I activate the vodafone live whenever I need it :)

Upvote 0
I am surprise all users are using Vodafone connection in the above post. Have anybody tried any other connection like Airtel,Idea or Aircel in samsung galaxy 3 with data activated. I am wondering if there is problem in vodafone mobile connect or in Andriod OS 2.1 in Samsung Galaxy. I request you to try with any other connection and reply if the problem still presist or gone.

Upvote 0
There is not any permanent solution to this problem. The problem is definately with the Samsung or Andriod OS. We have to wait until the update of android OS 2.2 available. Till the time i suggest you the two temporary solutions.

1. Make a temp Access Point through Setting -> Wireless and Network -> Mobile Network -> Access Point Name -> Press Menu Button -> New APN-> Give Name Temp, APN temp and Save. Use this APN whenever you dont need data connection. You will be able to make call. Whenever you required data connection choose VMC
2. To Disable Data connection permanently Use the following steps :-

Open dialer.
Dial *#*#4636#*#* to open “Testing” screen.
Tap on Phone Information.
Press the Menu key or button.
Tap on More.
Tap on Disable data connection to disconnect and make inactive any data connection immediately.
Tap on Disable data on boot to disable data connection on next boot up

Upvote 0
You can definitely do this or other best solution available is disable background data from settings > accounts and sync

I saw a new phone Samsung Galaxy 551 launched with Android 2.2 (froyo) and sliding qwerty keypad priced at 12500. Hardware configuration same as samsung galaxy 3. Lets hope they launch firmware upgrade for galaxy 3 as early as possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones