1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Call End/Vehilce Mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Adara, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Adara

Adara Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    With the JB update, my RAZR MAXX is returning to the old (really old -- I think my OG Droid did it) behavior of going into the Call Log at the end of a call, rather than going back to where it was before the call.

I hate this. I particularly hate it when I'm in Vehicle Mode, because I want my phone to go back to the Vehicle Mode screen without making me reach up and touch something on the phone.

I got an app called "On Call End" which lets you specify where to go at the end of the call. I can set it to go the home screen when I'm done with a call (which is better than the call log), but there's no option to go back to the Vehicle Mode screen when you happen to be IN vehicle mode. Smart Actions are not smart enough to deal with this.

Does anyone know of an app (or a setting I'm missing) that just makes it go back to where it was once you end a call?

Advertisement

2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2009
    Florida
  3. Ssith

Ssith Android Enthusiast
    None

May 28, 2011
  4. Adara

Adara Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    WIll give it a shot. Have heard many good things about Tasker. If it can solve this particular issue for me, it's worth trying it out.

5. Grey1001

Grey1001 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 15, 2010
    NorCal
    Here is another solution.

6. Adara

Adara Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    Grey1001 -- I appreciate the input, but as I stated in the OP, I am already using the On Call End app to go to the home screen, but I can't send it back to the Vehicle Mode screen when I'm in vehicle mode. The home screen does not help when I'm driving.

Ssith -- Holy crap. Tasker does WAY more than I need it to do. Sort of nuclear bomb when I need a fly swatter. Now, to figure out how to make it swat flies...

7. Grey1001

Grey1001 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 15, 2010
    NorCal
    reading too many threads at once ... :(

8. zoxxo

zoxxo Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    Issaquah, WA
    I've trying to wrap my head around this issue using Tasker. I can make Tasker take me back to the home screen (just like On call end), but to go back to the previous screen (or app), you have to be able to catch the current phone state and tell Tasker to return to that state. I'm afraid I don't have enough experience with Tasker to make it happen and I'm not sure if Tasker can even implement this Task, but if there if is anyone out there with the knowledge, and dislikes the current functionality that Moto has implemented, I would really love to hear from you...

9. Ssith

Ssith Android Enthusiast
    None

May 28, 2011
    i don't either, i just started using it when it went on sale. i've been perusing the forum on it here, and i'm betting someone over there can answer those questions FAR more accurately than i would be able to.

even if it doesn't solve this particular problem, i'm betting you can make it solve other things you want your phone to do. i personally have it set up to block any number that doesn't show up on my contact list, sending them straight to voicemail (that way if it's a real person, they can leave a message). i made it auto-shut off Pandora when i turn off my bluetooth headphones, too.

and this:
    is a VERY accurate way to describe tasker. it's just surreal what you can make it do.

10. Adara

Adara Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    zoxxo- I can't make it do anything quite so advanced as "go back to what I was doing" on call end, but I have managed:

Task One:

Phone Idle + Vehicle Mode = Car Mode On

Task Two:

Phone Idle + Not Vehicle Mode = Go Home

This works well enough for me (as the not going back to the vehicle mode home screen is what was really annoying me).

zoxxo likes this.
  11. zoxxo

zoxxo Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    Issaquah, WA
    Hey Adara, that sounds awesome! I'll take a look at that tonight when I get home! Thanks for getting this started!