• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

call goe strait to o2 voice mail even when not in use

david632

Lurker
May 14, 2010
hello, lovin my new desire but its got one strange bug, for instance , when my gf calls me 'o2 network', the call goes strait to my voice mail, i was blaiming her new phone as u do lol but when i called my phone using her handset, my phone dident ring and it went strait to my voice mail , woulent mind we were both in the same room, i did this a few times and it would connect fine but the odd time it failed to connect, checked signal and that was fine , so cant be the problem, anyone else had this problem?

Yeah, I'm on Vodafone and I've had this a couple of times.

It seems to be when the phone can't quite decide between a GSM or a WCDMA signal, it sort of flips between the two, or gets stuck or something. It's pretty rare but I have experienced it.

Next time it happens try setting to GSM only and see if it works. It sorted the problem out for me. Then I switched back to auto after a while and it was OK.

Upvote 0
cheers for your feedback but turning voicemail on and off dosent fix this problem and anthony think your on the right track beacuse been doing some research and it appears that the phone cant handle a incomming voicecall if your not 3g connected, limitations of 2g i think, my question is isent gsm 2g? so would still fail if iam updating?

Upvote 0
from what i can make out Sikara , if your not using 3g and your updating like facebook or newzfeeds then 2g cant handle it so might be worth you checking if you have anything updating inthe background, daft realy because the phones marketed as a social networking phone. but if your in a area not cover by 3g then dont expsect to recieve incomming calls, maybe iam wrong

Upvote 0
I normally have the phone on 3G network, where I work (Orange offices N.East England). And NO I'm not customer services... Went to see tech support and they only suggested turning 3G off to 2G only to monitor for a few days. 30 mins into 2G only I got a missed call SMS. Not on facebook /newzfeeds you suggested. I always thought it was possibly down to using the active sync but I'm not tech expert.

Upvote 0
That's the second thing I have found I don't like, 1st crappy speaker and volume too low can't use it bluetoothed to the tomtom either.

It rings just once or twice or not at all then into voice mail. Have you reported this to HTC as nothing gets fixed if you just tell the forum.

HTC said it was the network who set the rings to answerphone setting, I am on o2 so they will be getting a call this morning, interesting that you are all on different networks and still have the same problem.

I suffered the same problem on my XDA Orbit 2 for 18 months and I'll be damned if I am going to put up with it for 24 months.

It's a nice little earner for your network, you use voice mail to get your message and then you phone your contact back, effectively doubling the call numbers for all networks.

Is this a scam? Should we inform OffCom?

Upvote 0
Also posted under - Phone keeps cutting off during call from poster 'microserfs'. Also posted to DigitalSpy. Some said ' found that when I checked the phone number of the SIM card - via Phone Identity option - it was showing the temporary number rather than the ported one so Orange did a SIM reset via SMS and since then everything seems to be ok so far'.
My phone however shows the mobile no correctly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones