• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call History inconsistent under "Phone" on the homescreen

climber

Lurker
Apr 8, 2011
Ok I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I may just be missing something obvious since this is my first HTC, but I really want to figure it out. Ok so I have a non-rooted HTC thunderbolt and when I am on the center Home screen and click the "Phone" softkey button it obviously takes me to the dialpad. Above the dial pad it displays a brief call history, except that it doesn't. It only shows seemingly random history. Sometimes it shows my missed call or calls other times it doesn't even mention my missed calls, and etc.. for incoming and outgoing. When I click on the 'Call History' button in the bottom right corner of the dial pad screen I get my full and accurate call history. So....why the difference. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I just had this problem! I would make a phone call and then that contact wouldn't show up in my recent calls list and my whole call list was all messed up. I exchanged my TB today for a new one and all my calls are now showing up correctly.

Does anyone have any other advice other than returning your TB? I am having the same issue and it is driving me nuts as well. I am used to on my other phones hitting "call" or "send" to call back my last call or missed call. Instead, on my TB, it calls the first on this "Brief Call History" which is never the last call or missed call.

Please help.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have any other advice other than returning your TB? I am having the same issue and it is driving me nuts as well. I am used to on my other phones hitting "call" or "send" to call back my last call or missed call. Instead, on my TB, it calls the first on this "Brief Call History" which is never the last call or missed call.

Please help.

I don't think returning the phone will solve the problem. I can't remember if the dialer screen on the Tbolt (or the Incredible which was my previous phone) is different from stock android or not (ie it's a custom screen for HTC's Sense). Either way, it would be due to the software on the phone. If the dialer screen is custom for Sense you'd have to try your luck with a non HTC phone & see if that helps. If dialer is stock android you'd have to try a non android phone.

I have the issue on my phone as well. I can't recall if my Incredible had the same issue, but it's not really that bad. The button for the full call history is located on the lower right corner of the dialer screen. I'd rather have to push an extra button vs. returning/ replacing the phone altogether. But that's just me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones