• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Call length is messed up?

This is weird...

I noticed I was getting through my credit far too fast. On checking my call logs, calls that were quite brief were shoing up asmuch longer - in pne particular case a call I am sure was logged as 10 minuites, and I'm sure it was a quick 'see you later'.

There seemed to be no short calls at all.

I thought maybe I was not hanging up properly, or something like that. Or if the other person hung up first, maybe it wasn't cat5ching that at my end...

Anyway, I just called my sister, and was careful to hang up at the end of the call. It showed 10 minutes, which was about right I think. But whjen I looked at the call logs, it was down there as 22 minutes?!?!

Has anyone got the faintest idea what is going on, and how I might try and fix it?

It's a samsung galaxy three, (device name is gt-19300), android version 4.3, and it's up to date with software releases. I'm sure I have turned it of and on again several times during the problem period.

Any clues at all very gratefully received!

Nick

Thanks for the reply - no, not yet. As the phone was recording the wrong call length, it seemed much more likely to be an android problem to me...

It actually got a bit wierder... Yesterday it used up my remaining credit, without me making a call at all! I could tell exactly when it happened as my data does not work when I have no call credit, and was online at the time...

(I'm pretty sure this is not driving the problem though, given the way the calls were recorded wrongly...)

I'm tempted to try a factory reset next.

Anyone got any clues what else I might try, or what the root cause might be?

Upvote 0
Could be some free app or game sending premium SMS without you knowing, and maybe why it's not shown as calls but used all your credit up.

Just don't think it would be anything in Android itself. Is the phone rooted? Would definitely suggest doing a factory reset anyway, and getting a full call and SMS log from your carrier. Also worth checking data consumption as well for anything using up your allowance, unless you're on an unlimited data plan.

Upvote 0
Could be some free app or game sending premium SMS without you knowing, and maybe why it's not shown as calls but used all your credit up.

Just don't think it would be anything in Android itself. Is the phone rooted? Would definitely suggest doing a factory reset anyway, and getting a full call and SMS log from your carrier. Also worth checking data consumption as well for anything using up your allowance, unless you're on an unlimited data plan.

Good suggestions, thanks.

I've not installed anything new recently, and there's nothing showing up on the SMS history, (or call history).

I hadn't thought of checking the call history online though, that does sound like a good one - if that does not match the phone logs, (or what I actually do!), that would be getting somewhere...

Nick

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones