1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Call Log Default View

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alydubai, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Alydubai

Alydubai Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2012
    I switched from BB7 to S3 and am loving it except for one Android design flaw. The default view in Phone is for all messages including SMS/MMS when most phone's default view is phone call logs only.

I have searched the web for an app or setting that changes this but it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas on how to rectify this small but annoying default ?

Advertisement

2. GhostDeany

GhostDeany Lurker
    None

Jul 1, 2012
    Yea this is bugging me too. Isnt there anyway to make it just show the phone calls and not the sms?

3. nseriessaga

nseriessaga Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 26, 2012
    Bump...

This is the #1 issue for me. I dont like my log being 100 items deep because it shows ALL texts and phone. I need this to stay permanently on calls ONLY.

This and typing in text boxes zoomed in, trying to pinpoint the cursor closer to words on the edges when trying to type on a website like here, or craigslist are the only real negatives to the galaxy experience i've found.

4. DarkMage619

DarkMage619 Newbie
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    That is strange. My call logs only show calls. I can only see SMS listing in the messaging app. I wonder what is different about my phone?

The Dark One

5. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Member
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Does not seem like there is an option to permanently change it, you can do Settings>View by BUT when you back out and go back in the phone logs it shows everything again

6. patrick64

patrick64 Newbie
    None

Dec 17, 2009
    Mine only shows call logs. Changed it to something else, got out, went back and reverted back to call logs.

7. MikeyTA

MikeyTA Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2012

DEFINITELY!!! When I bluetooth to my car and go to my outgoing call (which my car shows the last 10), people that I've texted show in the list. So if I've texted 1 person 5 times, their name appears 5 times at the top of the list. It's very aggravating especially if you're trying to re-dial someone from that list in the car. Hopefully they make an update to the phone real soon.

8. antoeknee

antoeknee Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Network Manager
    NW England
    Strange my S3 only shows calls. On a given day I can get 2 entires for each person one for incoming and one for outgoing calls. If I have more than single call to/from a person on a given day then there is still only one entry but a number in brackets is shown.

9. inspired55

inspired55 Lurker
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    in your log view press the menu button and select view by and change it to what ever you want.