• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Call Log - Grouping App

dmiddlet

Lurker
May 4, 2009
Is this app/mod available?

I get and make a lot of calls on my phone, and use the call log all the time to call someone back. However, I hate scrolling through the log past many entries from the same people. I also don't want to clear my log because I would like to keep the data for review later.

Is there an app that can group the calls by person (i.e. Frank - Cell) even if there were 5 calls to/from Frank. Then if I need to see the details, I can hold my thumb on the entry and it would list all the details (i.e. number, what times etc).

This would drastically reduce my log view and make returning calls to a specific person much easier. I realize I could just add them to my favorites... however this doesn't work well for how I use my phone (a favorite one day would not be the same the next). Also, I wouldn't want every caller in my contacts since many of these are short term customers that I may call on for a few days but not want to keep permanently.

Thanks, David

You're in luck! You should look up an application called Phonebook. You can use it to replace the default contact app, and it should work out wonderfully.

It doesn't exactly what you're requesting by shortening up the Call Log by putting people together. For example: Jasmine - 2 calls. It also lists SMS activity too so it still by be a long list in your eyes.

I guess it also depends on how often you use your phone and whatnot. You can also create folders on the desktop and add contacts in seperate folders.

I suppose you'd have to take the time to sit down and recognize all the features and then organize accordingly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones