• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call log/history not grouping number together BUG?

webcan

Lurker
May 30, 2014
I am having issue that when 2 or more missed calls are in history that they are not grouped together so if I have 10-15 missed calls ( Like I do in the morning each day ) I need to go up and down and memorize each number that I called back in order to go down the list or missed calls because also that are not marked when I call them back either. I have dn many apps but none do what the basic OS used to do and this is causing me much grief.

It used to be prefect as all same numbers automatically grouped together and the arrows would tell you at a glance by color whether it was incoming, outgoing or Replied. Now There is no way to tell at a glance if I replied to a call without memorizing the number and going to the top of the log to see if I called them back. VERY VERY Anoying and Unproductive. As far as the log goes its a Downgrade.

I receive about 30-50 calls a day and in the morning miss about 15 and I need to call them back and know who I called back and who is left on the list. but with this version I need to scroll down all the time then back up and remember the number because it does not group them together like it used too and creates a separate entry each time.

NOTE: It does however Group them sometimes if you reply to a missed call when there is only one missed call but as soon as there is 2 or more it no longer groups them together which leads me to believe that its a BUG in the OS.

This needs to be Fixed as I cannot operate like. its making my day to day phone calls much less productive.

I don't need a dialer nor a new contact app. I need an answer to my question about or a possible work around or fix. Right now I only get call number grouping if I dont miss more than one call. If I do miss more than 1 call then the second call will not get grouped if I use it to call back the person and this is my issue.

I realize that this may be difficult to understand, perhaps I will make a video of my issue.

Upvote 0
You have miss understud my issue, its not the order, its the lack of grouping same number together, the old version used to it flawlessly but this new KITKAT does not seem to do it at all, it treats each call as a seperate number even if its the same number call you again or back, further more if there is more than 1 missed call in a row then even if I call them back it no longer mark the number that I have called them back. it actually treats the call as a whole new entry and does not mark the old call as a reply.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones