• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help call log redial feature screwing up

uchi

Jun 14, 2010
ok at first i thought maybe i was mashing the wrong auto redial redial and calling the wrong person, buttoday i called a person whos number was about 15 people down from the number i tried to call. so the phone is clearly dialing the wrong number on its own. its in the dialer menu when you click call log and it gives you the option to redial right from that menu. what are my choices with this?

problem is still there, and today the phone got even worse, i opened up a text message and when i clicked on the box to open up the keyboard it would send me to my google search menu. did this about a dozen times and i finally gave up and called rogers and bitched and theyre sending me a replacement for this phone this week. ive just had enough and im really hoping this phone is having hardware issues, if not every time the phone gives me problems im gonna call rogers for a replacement as its only a few months old now. im honestly at whits end with sony and this piece of junk and getting mad at it doesnt even make me feel better any more.

on a slightly related topic, if i do a sync with the sony server and then use that to restore my new x10 will it potentially carry over any corrupted software or will it just be my contacts its bringing over?

Upvote 0
i know its not the numbers as the phone still works occasionally. something inside is ****ed and lately ive been smashing the phone off the nearest solid object when it screws up. brings me a little bit of satisfaction, mind you it was fawked long before i stopped being nice to it. hell today i found out just how strong the screen it when i smashed it off my steering wheel, i was making a call and speaker phone wouldnt turn on, i must have hit the button 20 times and the phone did nothing, funny how smacking the screen off the steering wheel will wake it the **** up, lol. new phone is here i pick it up in the morning. i cant wait. i hope to god the new one works better, even if just a little bit, im not greedy, just a little better :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones