1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Call Log Times

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amarie005, Jan 12, 2012.

1. amarie005

amarie005 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    Hello! Does anyone know how to display the call log details for individual calls? When I go into my call history, the only times shown are "1 hour ago, 3 hours ago, yesterday, 2 days ago" etc. Is there any way to view the actual time and date for a call?

Also, I noticed that when looking at this information for a text message, the "sent" time is inaccurate. Someone can text me at 12:51 AM and the phone will show, "sent at 6:31 PM, received at 12:51 AM". Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement

2. shunter7

shunter7 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    amarie......It takes a few more clicks but if you click on your call log tab (and assuming you have your settings like mine and are using the generic call log) it shows all incoming and outgoing calls as you stated. If there is only one call from/to that person then you just press anywhere on that entry except the phone icon and it will bring up a detail on that call. At the very top it will tell you the specific time it was sent/received. If you have multiple sent/receives a click will reveal a drop down menu of all calls from that person. Just click one of those in the drop down menu and you will get the same detail screen.

As for the issue with the text date/time stamp issue it seems to be an ongoing issue with certain Android dervices that to my knowledge has not been fixed. Some have claimed that if you go into date/time settings in the Android's main settings menu and take it off automatic and set your time zone manually that it resolves this issue. I have not tested this personally and in truth it seems odd that it would work but I guess it is worth a shot.

3. amarie005

amarie005 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    Thank you so much for your help!!! I really appreciate it! :) I've tried manually modifying the "automatic" setting but it does not appear to be an option. This option is greyed out and nothing happens when I tap or hold my finger on it.