1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Call Log

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Skippster, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Skippster

Skippster Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    When I receive a call on my phone the Caller ID shows up (LG Optimus). I'm referring specifically to callers I have not added to my phonebook.

HOWEVER...when the number goes into the call log the name disappears and only the number remains.

This makes it very difficult to return a call to someone whose name you do not know.

Is there a fix or an app for this? It seems to me that if the Caller ID name is there to begin with there should be a way to capture it.

Wishful thinking? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

The name of callers not in your phone book is a service provided by MetroPCS. Unfortunately there is no (known) phone-side software to capture and save this data.

3. Skippster

Skippster Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    Obviously not what I wanted to hear but thanks for taking the time to
    Responding. I can't believe I'm the only one who would need this. Any apparently developers reading this?

4. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    IBM SSR
    DFW, TX
    I've noticed that happen as well, but it never bothered me enough to want to do something about it. I figured if it was important enough, they'd leave a message, or text me.

bwestover likes this.
  5. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

That is the attitude most people have about it.

The only thing I can suggest is trying the various free contact managers on the Market. Maybe one of them has a call log capable of saving CallerID data sent by MetroPCS.

Skippster likes this.
  6. Skippster

Skippster Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    For business, especially sales, it's a dealbreaker for me. I had a shitty little Samsung fliptop
    before this and it did it. This was my first smartphone. Not so smart for me.

7. RoseGarden

RoseGarden Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    I wandered in here, thinking someone had a fix for this problem. :( All my other cell phones would save the names of the callers, but this phone does not. I guess this phone isn't quite as smart as the other ones. Very disappointing! Not to mention annoying. I had 6 calls almost back to back, and cannot remember who is who.

8. RoseGarden

RoseGarden Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    You are not alone! :D I really wish this phone did save the names too. I have been with metro for a few years now, and have owned 3 phones with them. This is the only phone that does not save the name of the caller. I've had a few cell phones in my time, and I always went with the cheapies until now. All of them saved the names for me.

The OM is supposed to be upgraded to Gingerbread by the end of this month. Maybe that will help fix the problem.

Tags: