1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Call log

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rabben, Sep 1, 2011.

1. rabben

rabben Member

Hi everyone. I have recently gotten a problem with the call log! I used to have all communications in this; mostly calls and sms, but the last few days the sms is gone, only calls are showing! In settings I have checked "all logs", but still...! Anyone who can help me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rabben

rabben Member

Please anyone? Anyone with similar problem? In stock call log I have lost overview of sms, only calls are showing! Used to have all communications in there!

3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Never had that problem so can't say if this will work but its an idea. Go into manage applications in your settings and clear dialer data. It will wipe all your call logs but when you get new messages maybe they will appear.

4. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Are you now using Hancent or GO SMS to send/receive SMS
    I found neither of these updated the call logs, and is why I'm still using the stock app.

5. rabben

rabben Member

Im using handcent sms, but has since I started using the phone! Stock sms program still receives sms. All I did was turning off notification in stock program! I could see sms in call log 2-3 weeks, but suddenly they stopped appearing! Now only calls show up! In settings, if I choose to show only sent or received sms, all appear, even the fresh ones. When I check "all logs" only calls appear:mad:. I found it really handy that everything was there!

6. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

I could never get Hancent or GO SMS to appear here. It must be something to do with the stock app notification settings.
    I've even emailed both Hancent and GO SMS a few weeks back regarding this but have not had a reply off either. I've kept both apps on the phone to keep tabs on their updates, but this problem hasnt been included in any fixes as yet.

I'd be interested if you find a solution to this......

7. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

slightly to the opposite of this topic, is there anyway to have calls only?
    i havent found a way to change this and its really annoying when i use my phone for business too that i dont want to be scrolling passed dozens of sms logs to get to calls i am looking for.

8. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

You can filter it to show either incoming/outgoing/missed/rejected calls, but not to all types of calls full stop

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews