1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Call logs limited? How to fix

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HorrorAngel, Sep 25, 2014.

1. HorrorAngel

HorrorAngel Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    I was looking for a number who called me a little less than a month ago and My note 3 only has logs back about 15 days. This didnt seem to be a problem on any of my other androids. I use my call logs often to retrieve numbers to people I dont want to add to contacts. The stupid phone has logs of numbers who sent me text messages for months though! Where is the setting to see the old calls or see more or whatever? How to fix it?

Advertisement

2. cannon fodder

cannon fodder Lurker
    None

Sep 6, 2014
    Male
    Hello, I tried to google the problem with no success, sorry.
    I did want to mention to you that as of today my call log history goes back Aug 14th 2014 (44 days) , so it is possible for the log duration to be longer.
    I just do not know how to determine where to adjust that setting.
    Good luck.

3. johnpjackson

johnpjackson Android Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2013
    Male
    Systems & Networking
    Western Massachusetts
    I see the same issue. My GN3 recent call list only shows calls from just a few days back. If you find a way to correct this, please share it! :)

-John

4. lterry913

lterry913 Member
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    Do you get a lot of calls? Maybe the log will only hold a certain number of calls. Seems odd. Although I checked mine and it only goes back to 8/23...I do not use for a lot of calls so I can see where this could be a problem for some. You can make selections and filter what it logs...if you only want received and not dialed...or even remove logged messages.

5. johnpjackson

johnpjackson Android Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2013
    Male
    Systems & Networking
    Western Massachusetts
    I'm thinking it might be that calls and SMS/MMS/etc. messages are all kept in the same place, and like you said, only a certain total number of items are retained in that list. I get tons of SMS messages from Twitter feeds, monitoring systems at work, etc. And if you look in settings for the recent call list, you'll see that you can choose what to display - calls, or calls and messages, etc. That makes me think it's all one list. So then really, I wonder if there's any way to make that limit larger..

6. lterry913

lterry913 Member
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    Good question...I looked and could not find away to increase the list size maybe someone will find a way and chime in.

7. woodbutch4

woodbutch4 Newbie
    None

Jan 22, 2014
    I don't make or receive a lot of calls. I have logs that show back to December when I bought the phone. So I doubt it is date related, more likely number of entries. I have mine set to show All Calls, not All Calls and Messages.

8. lterry913

lterry913 Member
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    My call log has 104 calls since 8/23/14. It is only set for all calls. That is not a lot of calls and not very far back in time for those who need to refer back. Not sure why some can see back to December and I am only seeing to August.

9. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 25, 2012
    To break through the 500 call limit in Android for company Audit Trail or personal reasons, one solution is to install an unlimited call logging application such as BearContact, or " Unlimited Call Log " by SoftRelay.

You can also install an application called " Call Log Calendar " which automatically sends a print of any calls you send or receive with their duration to a personal or shared Google Calendar. Other options include adding the location of where the call was made or received to the Google Calendar.

10. Xxmen

Xxmen Member
    None

May 13, 2012
    My call log goes back to Dec 2013.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.