1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Call Logs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by miss_vickies, Dec 17, 2012.

1. miss_vickies

miss_vickies Android Enthusiast

why does it show me txt msgs in my logs when I press on the Phone app?

if i go into settings and change it to ALL CALLS, it only shows what I want it to... calls made/received/missed, etc

however, once i get out of it and come back... the call logs sets itself back to showing me my calls and txts...

how do i make it just show me my call logs permanently?

havent been able to figure that out... thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. miss_vickies

3. miss_vickies

4. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Android Enthusiast

Mine is set on All Calls and sticks.

5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Hey Miss V. Not sure why yours keeps reverting back but like Apple, there's an app for that.
    I've never tried it so let us know if it works.

Samsung Log Converter 4.0+

6. softarno

softarno Well-Known Member

Even mine i have tried but it always revert it after i go out and come into it again :(
    More over i am also trying to find away to mannage the favorites list, seems the phone always add anyone i dialed to the favorites and then i remove them then they come back
    Any idea how to stop both
    Thanks

7. miss_vickies

really? according to other forums other people's doesn't stick either...

are you rooted? could it be that i'm stock?

most annoying thing ever, lol

8. miss_vickies

glad im not the only one on this forum!!

it alwayssss reverts back and i dont know how to make it stick to ALL CALLS

i'm going to try that app... but i think i dont have to d/l external fixes, this should be a pretty basic thing a user can choose to do.

9. miss_vickies

i'll try it... tho it's silly i cant save my choice, you know?

thank you :) Scandalex to the rescue once again!

10. softarno

Thank you, try and let me know, wished to fix this without app, i dont know how many app's we will need to fix funny things
    Also how is your favorite list, are you able to mannage it?

@ ScandaLeX.... Thanks always there for help :)

11. miss_vickies

i actually haven't played around with my favourites list... but it looks like everyone i contacted is there... even my boss =/

12. sllyons007

sllyons007 Newbie

I have the Verizon Note 2 and I just confirmed that mines sticks as well after changing. I even did a reboot for good measure and it still held the all calls only selection. Not rooted.

nsa_sailor likes this.
  13. softarno

Hahaha :D
    Same here and its bugging me that even my patients i find them on favorites.. Seriously dont know what to do

14. chasers

chasers Well-Known Member

My logs and favorites are functioning pretty normal. Can you screenshot an example w.o showing contact info?

15. softarno

Okay here how it goes with me, whenever i dialed anyone or any one call me i go to favorites and i found them there, well not the end of story, i do remove whatever i like to remove from the favorites, but once they call again or i dial them, again they come back into favorites :O

logs: when i press logs you can see everything even people txt you or u txt them, well not the end, again i go to setting and veiw in i check call logs it show them but once i get out from phone and i come back, holla it shows everything again :(
    You still need screen shots?

16. miss_vickies

all my logs n txts r in one... see attached... after i choose to show ALL CALLS txts go away but only till i close the screen... next time its alllll back... without saving my preference of having just call logs showing.

Attached Files:

17. chasers

chasers Well-Known Member

Thats so weird I was checking the settings in both phone and messaging to see if there was a setting that merge the two. Havent found anything. Still looking

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews