1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Call/Messaging Notification Customizing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jasp615, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Jasp615

Jasp615 Lurker

Hi Guys,

I don't even know if something like this is made or if it could be made. I've been looking for an app that would allow me to have my calls and notifications turn off at a certain time but would allow a group of people (favorites) to still call and here's the problem and text through.

I can find an app that would allow the calls through but none of them will allow for sms to ring through for a group unless I allow all notifications.

With having teenagers they never seem to want to call. Both of my boys are in their late teens and when there are out I would love for me to be able to hear there text to know their whereabouts when checking in. My phone is set to go silent at around 12 and come back on at 6am so if they will text I get no notifications.

Is there something like this out there?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

3. Jasp615

Jasp615 Lurker

Thank you, I just check it out but it won't work. On the Note it gives a Blocking mode which would be perfect and just what I needed except it doesn't give the ability to allow SMS notifications for the same group that it will allow to ring through. If I want text message alert from the group I have to leave all notifications on. I would like a "set it forget it" app I know I'm picky :(

I'm guessing I can't be the only one that needs this type of app so maybe it can't be done.

4. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

I think maybe you gave up to quickly. There are several 'quiet times' apps in the Play Store, I suspect if you dig around some you'll find one that does what you want.
    As I said, I just chose that one at random, plenty others to choose from.

Jasp615 likes this.
  5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

If using an SMS/MMS app other than the stock messaging app or Hangouts is an option,I'd take a look around the GOOGLE PLAY STORE for a more customizable messaging app.

TEXTRA is one that's become quite popular:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra

Lots more out there,hopefully someone will chime-in w/something that has what you're looking for.

Jasp615 likes this.
  6. Jasp615

Jasp615 Lurker

I really didn't give up too quickly since I've been looking for an app that suites my needs for a long time. Your right there are a ton, but many didn't work out well or they don't seem to have all that I'm looking for. There doesn't seem to be one app that does it all that I need or want.

I found one that I'm going to give a try. It's called CritiCal Pro and I will use that with the "Blocking Mode" that is installed in the phone. I guess we will see if they play nice together.

Again thank you.

KOLIO likes this.
  7. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Please keep us posted on your results. :)

8. eborg9

eborg9 Lurker

Jasp615 and KOLIO like this.
  9. Jasp615

Jasp615 Lurker

Criticall didn't play nice with the blocking mode in the note 4. Not sure what happen but once an allowed call came through the phone was no longer muted.

I am now trying "Do not disturb" it looks like a good app and meets my needs so now we will see how this works out. A lot of customization that proves to be useful if it's reliable.

KOLIO likes this.
  10. Silliness

Silliness Lurker

I have a similar need - I bought the Silence Premium app It allows me to schedule when my phone is to go on silent and I can customize it to allow sms or calls from specific groups It will also customize for vibrate and emergency calls I like the emergency feature (repeated calls from the same number will come thru) I also love that if I type dnd or quiet when I add an event to my calender then the app will know and silence my phone during the time frame I set on the event that is awesome to me - no more candy crush notifications at a wedding on saturday

I know this post is from November but just in case you or anyone else is still looking ---

Silence is also offered for free but not all the features are available- there is a trial period for all features free to try it out.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews