• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call problem - Echo on the other end

uncle_moe

Lurker
Jul 13, 2011
when i make or receive calls i hear a clicking in the headset and the caller on the other end can hear an echo of their voice played back and only partially hear me. phone has been "repaired" twice but neither time was the problem resolved. updated to gingerbread but problem persists
anyone got ideas? oh and im losing signal frequently

Same problem here in Finland. This seems to be a very common problem and I don't think there's an official fix. I know people who've had their phones serviced more than once because of this but it didn't help.

Great phone but totally crappy 2G/3G radio module. By far the worst I've ever used. Lots of echoing (on both ends depending on the situation) and terrible call quality with break-ups in places where other phones have zero problems.

I really hope HTC comes up with a firmware update that fixes this major problem.

Upvote 0
Same to me...
I'm from Italy, but the phone was bought on Amazon.co.uk.
My phone model number is S710e, android 2.3.3., firmware is
2.30.405.1, radio module is 20.2808.30.085AU_3805.06.03.03_M

I have these problems for the radio module:
  • My voice is kind of intermittent from the other side of the phone (who listens me)
  • I can hear echo of my voice
  • The other side of the phone can hear its own echo
  • Sometimes connection is lost
  • Long time for the call to start

I have tried soft reset, updated firmware, set GSM auto (PRL) as network preference, etc.

No solution? I'm thinking of flashing ROM, radio module and whatever... but if the phone is broken, what about warranty loss?
:mad::thinking:

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have changed my handset and sim card once but t he same problem persists.

But, hey guys i found a solution which was pretty weird.

I tried calling after removing my back cover and it works perfectly fine which is surprising to say the least!!:thinking:

You can try if it works for you and let me know the same.

That's a bit surprising. Isn't the antenna inside the back cover?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones