• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call quality - please help

Vicghe

Lurker
Sep 9, 2014
My wife and I both have Optimus F7s that we've had for only a couple of months. We use Boost Mobile and live in 18964, Souderton, PA.

1) Despite having three or four bars inside our home, while listening to the person on the other end of the line, their voice is intermittent making it hard to follow a conversation. That is true on both phones, no matter where inside or outside the house we go - and true when talking to any given number, not just particular ones. From what we've noticed this is true in most places, not just around home.
2) When I call my wife from work, which is maybe 2 miles away from home where she's picking up, her voice sounds very metallic and tinny - hard to describe, but very weird.
3) I just noticed that the intermittent speaker issue happens a lot more if I am speaking at the same time - at that point their voice cuts out almost without fail.

I appreciate any help, thank you!

Hey these lg f7's have hardware problems with speaker interference with the smart share. Try making phone calls with the back cover off and see if that fixes your problem. If it fixes your problem you can open up the phone and put electric tape over the contact points to permanently disable the smartshare.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones