1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Call quality ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by you2, Nov 13, 2011.

?

How is call quality (for both the sender and receiver) ?

Poll closed Nov 27, 2011.
  1. Best ever; can't be beat.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Above average.

46.2%
  3. Average.

11.5%
  4. Below average

7.7%
  5. Great for me but the person i'm talking to sez i sound like crap.

30.8%
  6. The pits. Pity as otherwise the phone is just great.

3.8%
  1. you2

you2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    For those who have actually used the phone to make calls how is the call quality on both the receiving and sending side with both strong and weak signals ?

A couple of reviews have suggested it is weaker than razr (static/his). Not sure if this is due to the cancellation microphone (which I think you can turn off) or interference in the test locations. This seems to be the only questionable thing about the phone that i have read so far hence the question.

Would appreciate it if you can not respond until you actually tested/used the phone :)

Advertisement

2. CaseyKees

CaseyKees Android Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2010
    Female
    Western NY
    I don't talk on the phone much, so I can't really answer the poll objectively, but I can say that I talked on it once yesterday morning, I was sitting in my truck in the driveway and the call was clear, seamingly on both ends of the conversation. But, this has been my only conversation on it so it's not saying much! LOL

3. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    The Rezound seemed to be as good as the Razr and my Droid 3, but reviews so far say the call quality is average and not as good as the Motos, BUT the reports are the 4G is more stable and better reception in low 4G areas (no bounce).

I will take average call quality and better 4G reception and stability (would like both, but the latter will do). The Bionic and Razr currently have 4G issues unless a strong 4G signal area. This is per VZW folks that also use these devices.

4. misan23

misan23 Member
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    It's a bit better than my old Droid 2 for the person hearing me, for me hearing them its WAY better. The speaker phone is also loud enough to wake the dead, or scare the living crap out of you as an alarm (I forgot to turn it down this morning, I literally jumped out of bed it scared me so hard).

you2 likes this.
  5. you2

you2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    mobile tech review on the driod 2 indicates the call quality is ok but a bit stiff (robotic). I have to say that raw call quality (not nec call reception) is probably better on the razr but htat is just one factor of many to consider and hardly a deal breaker.

6. one1speed

one1speed Member
    None

Dec 14, 2009
    This is a real concern of mine. Went to the Verizon store today and checked out the Razr. Cool phone, no doubt. But it feels huge in the hand and I'm not in love with the look of their widgets and such, missing the finesse you see with HTC and Apple.

They didn't have any Rezounds on display, but they had a pic of it up. A rather large display image, so I asked about it and the guy grabbed one out of the back room for me to check out. He wasn't allowed to turn it on, but was amazed with how nicely it sat in the hand compared to the Razr.

Really hoping call quality won't be an issue.

7. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    Any more feedback on this? Pun not intended...

8. one1speed

one1speed Member
    None

Dec 14, 2009
    Haven't had a lot of voice time yet, but so far so good. Did hear an interesting static-ish sound, but hopefully no big deal.

9. misan23

misan23 Member
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with my parents last night, my mom said I sounded clearer and easier to hear, but a bit tinny (sp?). As an aside, after that whole time he wasn't even warm so the heat output, or lack thereof, is excellent compared the the egg-fryer that is the Razr.

10. you2

you2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Bit surprise at the number of 'great for me but I sound like crap'. I wish there was a way to toggle the noise cancellation mic to determine if that is the issue.

11. DroidL

DroidL Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    Valrico, FL
    First thing I do with the floor models is make a call to my wife and ask how do I sound and she always talks enough so I know how she sounds? :)

12. sundog1973

sundog1973 Newbie
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    I just dustbinned an original Moto DROID, which I thought had very good call quality (when it worked). So far the Rezound blows it out of the water. Speakerphone is very loud on the Rezound, and reportedly "sounds like a speakerphone" to the person on the other end. The voice was still understandable, but sounded like a typical speakerphone. Held to the ear, I like it a lot better than my old Moto. No problem with volume--more than enough decibels to spare. On the other end, clear, but maybe a bit "robotic", or clipped highs and lows. AM radio, not FM would be a good description.

I have been very happy with call quality so far.

13. you2

you2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Now that the phone been out for a bit I was curious if there have been any updated opinions.

14. Benrx

Benrx Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    I'm coming from a Fascinate. I think the call quality is better on the Rezound. I haven't used the speaker phone much, and I haven't asked others if they can hear me better, but I've noticed I don't get asked to repeat things as much.

15. andonakis

andonakis Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 5, 2010
    Right now the rezound is on par with the motorolas as most of them have excellent call quality. I was afraid the rezound wouldn't stack up to it as far as calling, after all it is a phone which most people forget. The rezound has been excellent and I am very picky when it comes to this area. I have tested before I bought it with alot of back round noise and people are very pleased the way I sound and vice versa.

16. you2

you2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Well I visited another store and this one had both live razr and live rezound (the other one did not have out going call) and my friends thought I sounded better on the rezound (this is indoors in a control environment). Actually they said louder but that made me sound better like I was right there. Sales guy said if I came back tomorrow they would let me look at the phone outdoors. If it passes that test then I think I'll go with the rezound; I didn't think I would ever buy another phone without oled; but the razor is just too wide to be comfortable.

Tags: