• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Call Recorder App?

How about anything that will just record voice, not direct through the phone calls. Basically turn the phone into a voice recorder. If there is any app to do this, then if you were on speaker phone, you could record calls as well. I am just looking for a voice recorder however.

There are a handful of good voice recorders on the market. My favorite free recorder is Rehearsal Assistant (good sound quality and easy to use). There is a widget for about $1.00 that can be purchased for Rehearsal Assistant that makes recording very convenient from your home screen that runs with the before mentioned program. I am not sure if Rehearsal Assistant will work while using your speakerphone.

Upvote 0
How about anything that will just record voice, not direct through the phone calls. Basically turn the phone into a voice recorder. If there is any app to do this, then if you were on speaker phone, you could record calls as well. I am just looking for a voice recorder however.

I have Rehearsal Assistant and Voice Recorder, and both work very well for what I use them for. But if I try to use either during a phone call, they FC immediately. As does most the other Call Recording apps that I've tried. There must be really something complex about the way the Android system is handling the voice processing during a phone call. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Hi

This is application called VoiceTask, that'll be out soon (I hope in few days). It's a handy, easy to use voice recorder with possibility of sending recordings to any E-mail inbox in MP3 format (first app. that allowing that 4 free).

You can view preview here:
YouTube - VoiceTask v1.0 tutorial

More:
VoiceTask

Attachments

15 KB · Views: 396
Upvote 0
You should try "call recorder beta", it's an application to record your calls. It is easy to use and there are many options you can personalized

You can choose if you are only going to record part of your conversation or all of it. You can also select some contact who will automatically be record. You can organized your files after having saving them.

Reactions: travisr528
Upvote 0
You should try "call recorder beta", it's an application to record your calls. It is easy to use and there are many options you can personalized

You can choose if you are only going to record part of your conversation or all of it. You can also select some contact who will automatically be record. You can organized your files after having saving them.

Says it doesn't work with Android 2.0

Upvote 0
Have we found a call recorder working with EVO 2.2?

I've been at this all evening. I've searched downloaded and tested.
Nothing works well.

Call Recorder Beta looks nicely designed but it insists on asking you if you want to record every call (unless you ad the number to its list).
The call announcement notification sometimes pops up before the recorders question so you don't get to start recording.

Total Recall has great features but apprently they are not fully supporting the Android version. It seems to be a few releases back, at least based on version numbers (1.5 vs 4.x). In any case it does not work reliably.

All of these apps have trouble recording the callers voice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones