• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call recorder (both sides) for Droid X?

EdHall

Lurker
Jul 15, 2010
I live in Indiana so one person is needs to know.

I only need an app that will run on the Droid X now.

I have reported it to the FCC, and they said to get a recording of the call and as much information as possible.

It's E Business Group (602) and the are calling for Anthony which is the wrong number, but as soon as I even start to ask to be taken off their list they say "Sorry for bothering you" and hang up so quick I can't even get the words out.

I think what he's saying is someone (a telemarketer) keeps calling him and asking for someone else, so he called the FCC and they said he needed to record the call for them to take any action.

But here is my suggestion for the OP.. Instead of going through some big, dumb, slow government entity that won't help you anyway, download one of the 100s of free call blockers on the Android market and block their number. Problem solved.

Upvote 0
I think what he's saying is someone (a telemarketer) keeps calling him and asking for someone else, so he called the FCC and they said he needed to record the call for them to take any action.

But here is my suggestion for the OP.. Instead of going through some big, dumb, slow government entity that won't help you anyway, download one of the 100s of free call blockers on the Android market and block their number. Problem solved.

or...do this! :)
SPC is a good one for that.
unless of course they change there numbers when they call u...

Upvote 0
well, a good app to record calls is.....Ultimate voice recorder.
i wish it was a ringback tone that said "all calls are recorded for quality" because i record ALL my calls. i set it to record the first 10mins. but it can record indefinitely also.

There are a lot of negative user reviews for that Ultimate voice recorder. Too many for me to take a gamble at paying $4.99 for something that works (heh- maybe oxy moron) as bad as a lot are saying.

Upvote 0

Or let Verizon do it for you!
Note: You don't have to buy the "Parental Controls" for $5, click on the next tab "Call & Message Blocking" and block up to 20 numbers for free.

Block / Unblock numbers - Usage Controls

Or create a contact for them and check the "send straight to voicemail" option under Additional Information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones