1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Call Recorder???

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by MichaelJames9999, Nov 6, 2014.

1. MichaelJames9999

Has anyone found a good free call recorder that will record the other party with the speaker not on?
    I understand that KitKat has caused some issues in the past.
    I am not rooting the phone.

Note 4 on Verizon network...

2. Irko3373

Irko3373 Lurker

I have never had any luck recording calls on a samsung. I believe I have tried all the apps and the best I could ever do was record the call while using the speaker phone. I even purchased the app callrecorder by skvalex. I experienced the same results. Disgusted with my samsung experience I went to the LG G3 phone. Now my call recorder app is flawless. I can record both sides of the conversation even while using a bluetooth headset. For me me not being able to record calls was a deal breaker so making the switch to LG was the right choice. I do not believe Samsung will ever allow you to record without rooting. Good luck.

3. AnnA64

AnnA64 Lurker

The app that works perfect for Kitkat 4.4.4 is Record My Call

There are several settings to try out in the menue and it should work even for a unrooted Samsung.

4. Irko3373

Irko3373 Lurker

Thank for your input but i disagree that call recorder or total call recorder will work very well on a samsung S4. You cannot record both sides of the conversation while using a blue-tooth headset. You cannot clearly record both sides of the conversation while talking on the handset. Do not misunderstand, I am not a factory rep for LG but the LG G3 is one of the newer smartphones that allows me to record both sides of the conversation clearly even if I am on my headset. It is my opinion Samsung S4 is great for business in all other aspects. It simply falls short if recording interviews or other matters is crucial or a deal breaker. So if anyone needs a phone that will record without rooting try the Lg g3.

5. NewbAndroidUser

NewbAndroidUser Well-Known Member

I'd love this, too!