1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CALL RECORDING PROBLEM ON S6 WHEN CONNECTED TO WIFI

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deonvdmerwe77, Mar 2, 2018.

1. deonvdmerwe77

deonvdmerwe77 Lurker

I have a S6 and use the Call Recording Pro App to record calls. Lately it will not record a call when I am connected to WiFi. No problem previously. Message is something like the following: 'cannot record this call. Check if another app is also recording or attempting to record ....' I have only the Automatic Call Recorder App Pro installed. If not connected to WiFi I have no problem in recording calls.
    Please assist!
    Deon.

Advertisement

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Android Enthusiast

I also use the S6 but a different call recording program from Killer Mobile. I ran into the same problem shortly after the S6 was released and here's what I discovered. When your phone is set up to make calls via WiFi when available, then any time you are within WiFi range, your calls are routed through WiFi. There is no call recording program available at present that will record calls when they are being routed through WiFi.

Go into Settings> Connections> More Connection Settings> WiFi Calling and select Cellular Network Preferred.

That will fix your problem.

It took me almost a week to figure that out a couple of years ago.

3. deonvdmerwe77

deonvdmerwe77 Lurker

Thanks!
    My S6 is a SM-G920F with OS Android 6.0.1.
    It does not provide for the additional connections settings you referred to.
    Please advise and assist if at all possible.
    Thanks!
    Deon.

4. Alex Ethridge

Mine is MG-G920T and my Android version is 7.0; however, it was on Android version 5 when I discovered how to fix the problem and the screens and menu selections are still the same as when it was 5 then 6 and now 7.

There is a way to turn off WiFi calling. You may have to take the phone to your carrier and ask their help.

You are the third person I have helped do this and the first one who says those menu selections are no available on their S6 phone.

In the menu selections I suggested, which is the first item that is missing from your screens?

5. Alex Ethridge

Here are a multitude of instruction sets on how to turn on/off WiFi calling. I guess there are differences in carriers, countries and markets.

6. deonvdmerwe77

deonvdmerwe77 Lurker

Alex, you are a STAR!
    Your advice has solved my problem - I have switched off the WiFi calling in the Phone (Call) application as you have suggested and now call recording works if WiFi is used.
    Thanks a million!
    Deon (South Africa)

7. Alex Ethridge

I'm glad I was able to help.

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.