• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Call Rejection / Auto Reject List

I am adding a huge list of numbers to my reject list, most of them start with 1-800's. Is there a wildcard or something to just end all 1-800 calls? I am sick of Telemarketers and other stuff. Thanks again.
The best solution is to avoid receiving the calls all together. Instead of cluttering your phone with a long list and spending a lot of time doing it, add your number to the Canadian Do Not Call list. It is regulated by the CRTC and will solve your problem.

National Do Not Call List| CRTC

Reactions: Descendant X
Upvote 0
Since I did not use it in the version of Android you have (Gingerbread 2.3.5) I can't help you unless you update to ICS 4.0.

In ICS you can specify a reject list that matches certain criteria (Start with, Ends with, Includes, Exactly the same as). This way you could specify Start with 1-800 and it would reject all calls that start with 1-800.

Reactions: smokingpipe
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones